University of Southern Queensland (USQ) is recognised internationally by polymer composite R&D in civil engineering. We have developed and applied novel composite technologies in an array of construction and through the repair of bridges, roads, railways and marine structures, to future-proof Australian infrastructure. This webinar provides an overview of the state-of-the-art research, development, and applications of composite technologies in Australia. It also identifies future opportunities for the broad use of composites in civil engineering and construction.
Topics and presenters to this webinar are the following:
1. GFRP bars as non-corrosive reinforcement to concrete infrastructure - Professor Allan Manalo
2. Strata stabilisation using composite rock bolts – Dr Ali Mirzaghorbanali
3. Drones for structural health monitoring – Dr Zahra Gharineiat
4. Pile rehabilitation using composites – Dr Weena Lokuge
5. Composite railway sleeper development – Mr Tom Heyer (Business Manager – Specialty Products, Austrak Pty Ltd)